Fresh, local asparagus is delicious beyond measure. In our region [the Southern Appalachians], the local farmers markets usually have asparagus from early Spring through early Summer. Fresh roasted asparagus is a wonderful way to celebrate the arrival of Spring!
- 3 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 tbsp ghee, avocado oil, or coconut oil
- Less than 1/4 tsp salt & freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss asparagus with oil on a baking sheet with sides [or roasting pan, etc.].
- Spread in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper per your preference.
- Roast asparagus, uncovered, for 15-25 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve immediately, or save and serve at room temperature later.
Yield: Serves 8
Per serving: 51 calories, 1g fat, 40mg sodium 4g fiber, 4g protein