Discover the benefits of our affordable health care memberships for Asheville, NC, and surrounding areas.
As a member of our practice, you receive highly personalized, integrative primary care from our team of medical providers, health coaches, nutritionists, and health educators. Our members enjoy more time with their medical provider compared to traditional medical care, at an accessible cost.
We are perfect for families and individuals seeking a long term health partner whose goal is to get and keep you healthy. Our team approach also ensures you have a higher chance of a more favorable outcome if you do get sick.
Our membership pairs very well with more affordable health insurance options, with savings on common health services, wholesale lab savings, and wholesale medication savings, while providing higher quality primary and urgent care. Now, more than ever, accessibility, personalized attention, and prevention matters when it comes to your health.
UP TO AGE 45
Benefits of Membership
EASY, TRANSPARENT PAYMENT MODEL
Receive award-winning, personalized health care.
Experience integrative primary care with a focus on prevention and wellness.
3X LONGER VISITS
Enjoy appointments that are 3x longer than average plus minimal wait times in the lobby!
YEARLY COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT
Achieve your health goals with a comprehensive annual visit and personalized care plan.
$0 CO-PAYMENTS FOR FOLLOW-UP & URGENT MEDICAL VISITS
Simplify visits and spend the time you need with your medical provider.
INTEGRATIVE WOMEN'S HEALTH
Consult our staff specialists with expertise in women’s health, including gynecology and general wellness.
Live and feel your best with innovative hormone management treatments.
Optimize health with specializations such as Advanced Cardiovascular Risk Management and Comprehensive Thyroid Management.
HEALTH COACHING & NUTRITION SUPPORT
Learn from local experts with free or discounted access to all of our health classes.
PRIORITY ACCESS FOR APPOINTMENTS
Schedule same/next day urgent appointments. In-person, virtual, and phone visit options are available.
ONLINE PROVIDER ACCESS
Access our patient portal to communicate directly with your provider between appointments.
How To Join
BECOME A MEMBER
- Schedule a comprehensive Establish Care appointment ($80 enrollment fee + easy, monthly membership fee)
- Share your goals and concerns with your medical provider
- Establish an action plan for your health and well-being
- Enjoy 2-3x longer visits than average
- See us for your annual visits, follow-ups, and urgent care needs
- Consult with our nutritionist and health coach to optimize your wellness
- Stay connected with our patient portal… and more!
Our Comprehensive Integrative Life Membership Includes
Our new patient relationships often begin with an establish care appointment. This longer appointment helps us to review your life history, understand your goals, and develop a personalized, comprehensive plan to partner with you. Enroll now to book your Establish Care Appointment
Health coaching provides support to help you identify your health goals and create a success-oriented plan for establishing new, healthier habits. Learn More
We believe that good nutrition is at the foundation of preventing illness. We offer expert nutrition consults for our members who wish to take a deep dive into using food as medicine. Learn More
Some conditions saddle the border between primary care and specialty care. We are able to help with many hormone and gastrointestinal conditions. We do not operate as “Functional Medicine Consultants” and limit our specialty testing to hormone, thyroid, and GI concerns. Learn more about Specialty Care here.
INTEGRATIVE HEALTH CLASSES
Our monthly classes feature local experts teaching practical courses on lifestyle, healthy shopping, cooking, growing food, herbal medicine, yoga, meditation and more. Our Integrative Life Classes are FREE as a benefit to our Members and open to the community. View upcoming classes.
Physician-designed courses led by our team support you in achieving your health goals. These feature customized meal plans, shopping lists, webinars, daily reminders and more. Our courses help you initiate and sustain lifestyle changes on your schedule.
Get More for Your Investment
While Integrative can meet most of your primary care needs, without the need for insurance, we do recommend our members carry Catastrophic or High Deductible Insurance in case of an incident or illness that requires a specialized level of care.
Are there additional costs beyond membership fees?
There are zero co-payments for medical visits, including: establish care, continuity of care, urgent, and annual visits. Lab and procedure costs are at wholesale pricing. You can view our most common service fees and savings here. Common wholesale medication and supplement costs are here. If you have specific questions or concerns about pricing please feel free to contact us at (828) 575-9600. Full price transparency is one of our foundational values.
How do membership and point-of-service payments work?
The Integrative Life Membership—a one-year contract commitment—may be paid in 12 monthly installments or in-full annually. Payments can be drafted directly from a checking account or charged to a credit/debit card.
For continuity of care, membership payments continue beyond the one year contract unless you notify the office otherwise to cancel. For those paying in-full annually, the membership renewal payment will be processed one year after your sign-up date. This keeps you as an active member with your established provider.
Wholesale fees associated with labs, procedures and other charges that are not covered by the membership are due in full at the time of service. Click here to view the most common service fees.
Who is eligible for the family discount?
Children age 17 and under receive the discounted rate of $50/month in households with two full-paying, age-tiered membership fee family members.
Can I cancel membership any time?
The Integrative Life Membership is a commitment for one full year from the enrollment date. However, members have a seven-day grace period after their establish care visit to determine if our clinic is the right fit. Those rare patients who opt to cancel in this window will only owe the difference between fees paid and the non-member rate of services received. (For example, the establish care visit non-member rate is $350). Beyond this period, if membership is cancelled prior to the end of the contract year we reserve the right to apply an early termination fee of $250.00 to cover the cost of care delivered.
Insurance: I have/do not have it...
I have insurance.
- Can I still use my insurance to pay for outside referrals and prescriptions?
- Yes! Except for Medicaid recipients, patients may submit costs paid outside of our office—invoices for referrals, specialists, and prescriptions—to their insurance companies for out-of-network reimbursement. *We are not enrolled in Medicaid, so patients with that coverage will not be able to receive those benefits for any orders from our office.
- What is the benefit of having insurance if I’m a member of your practice? Should I keep it?
- Yes, we recommend everyone have insurance or medical cost sharing to cover unexpected, major medical costs.
- Can you just send my lab orders to Labcorp/Quest/etc., so that I can use insurance?
- Orders to our Labcorp account bill our clinic directly to ensure our members receive wholesale prices. So, labs ordered from our office cannot be billed through insurance; however, our wholesale prices are very low, and by paying directly there’s no risk of claims being denied.
- Itemized invoices to bill insurance: How can I submit these?
- Although insurance companies do not reimburse for monthly membership fees, we can provide itemized invoices for other billable services such as labs and procedures.
I do not have insurance.
- Will membership be enough to cover me/my family? Do I still need insurance?
- We recommend everyone have insurance or medical cost sharing to cover unexpected, major medical costs.
- What happens if I need care outside your office, like imaging or something else?
- We refer to imaging like Xrays and MRIs to locations that offer discounted, self-pay rates to our members. For specialty referrals, it would need to be discussed with that office whether they have special rates or payment plans.