- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten (If using boxed egg whites this is 3/4 cup) OR use 2 whole eggs instead.
- 2 tablespoons fully cooked ham or chicken bacon, in bite size pieces (I use the al fresco chicken bacon, 1 strip per mug)
- 2 tablespoons fresh baby kale or spinach, sliced (I used kale)
- 2 tablespoon tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash of oregano or basil, if desired
- salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- Lightly oil the inside of coffee mug.
- Toss the ingredients in the mug and stir (ingredients should fill mug about 3/4 full)
- Pop into the microwave and cook for 1 minute. Check for doneness– will likely need another minute of cooking time to ensure the egg is cooked and cheese is melted.