TOTAL TIME: 15 minutes
These chocolate peanut butter no-bake energy bites taste just like a cookie, although they are full of protein and naturally sweetened.
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal *use gluten-free oats if making this Gluten-Free
- 2/3 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour, to make the mix easier to handle and mold.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
If the mix seems to dry, add in an extra tablespoon or two of honey or peanut butter. If the mix seems too wet (which may happen if you use natural peanut butter), add extra oatmeal.
RECIPE CREDIT: Gimme Some Oven